Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Training for a marathon

I'm getting really excited for my first marathon this saturday. I'm running in the Salt Lake City Marathon and my goal is to finish. I don't really care about time considering this is my first marathon. I didn't train as hard as I should have but I never missed my long run for each week of traing. I tried to get a bunch of people to join the B-12 running club for a 18 mile race up on Bountiful Blvd. a few weeks ago. Brandon Adams and I were the only ones that showed up for the run. It was a very hard run with all of the hills up there and it was snowing most of the time. Because of the hills it took us 4:23 to run 19 miles. I'm sure that our marathon this saturday won't be any harder... we will see. I was surprised to see as many runners on Bountiful Blvd as we did considering how crappy of weather we had that day.
I'm hoping our B-12 club gets a bit... or a lot... bigger than it is. We have 34 members as of today and I really want to grow this. I was very happy to see I got an email from Dean Karnazes the other day. He is one of my favorite people in the world and if you don't know who he is I suggest you find out. He gets so many emails and phone calls, for me to have received an email from him talking about running is a treat. I invited hime to be a part of b-12 running and he sent me a message saying he accepted my request and "good to know ya.. keep charging brother." LOVE IT! I hope the race goes well this saturday. Talk to ya soon.

Mick.

1 comment: