Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

What a great day! Last night we had dinner with Terance and Angelica Rowe at their place. He made some great buffalo wings and homemade french fries. He asked us to bring something that went with chicken and we were to lazy to go to the store so we stopped at KFC and bought two things of mac and cheese. I wanted to take a nice dish and act like we made it from scratch but Tara said there was no need... Anyways we got home around 10:30 pm and went right to bed so I felt great when I woke up this morning. I drove over to Wal-Mart before Tara woke up and bought her some flowers, a dvd (Untraceable), and a bunch of candy. I cleaned the downstairs really good and set up a little easter display for her when she woke up.

We hung out around the house for awhile and then headed up to Tara's grandparents for dinner. Ham, Cheesy potatoes, salad, roles, fruit, etc... Yum. I played a game with the little kids downstairs on the pool table. We stood on one side and rolled a ball down to the other side, bounced it off of the far side back towards us and tried to get it as close to our side without hitting the edge. Whoever was closest without hitting got a point. We left around 6:30 and decided to stop in to see my grandma. We talked for awhile about family and Tara was saying how it was funny that her boss, Ed Swanson, just got a clean bill of health from his doctor when he eats as crappy as he does. No Veggies ever. I said "what about lettuce?" Nope not even on a sandwich or hamburger. I said "he won't even eat a side salad with dinner?" No way. I thought that was funny. We went in to grandmas room, laid on her bed, and looked through an old photo album. It was amazing to see her and my mom with Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., Jim Brown, Tommy Johns, and a bunch more celebrities. There was a picture of Dean Martin with five or six security guards around him. She said no one could get near him. She saw Dean walking down the fairway at some golf tournament and Dean saw Grandma and said "hold it... Come here (to grandma) We need to take a picture". Grandma ran up to him and gave him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. She was so excited. I think that is so cool! Dean Martin stopped everything and asked for a picture with my grandma! Ok... It's time to go watch an eppisode of "Rome" and then bedtime. Long day tomorrow with work and school. My day will start around 6am and I should get home around 10:30pm. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment